Working at AMPCo
Why Australasian Medical Publishing Company (AMPCo)?
AMPCo is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian Medical Association and publisher of the well-respected and leading peer reviewed medical journal in the southern hemisphere, The Medical Journal of Australia. AMPCo also owns the leading marketing database for the health care industry. Most companies and major organisations, in health care, will have used our services at some point.
The quality of the people we employ at AMPCo is outstanding.
Our team is one of our biggest strengths, and one of the key reasons staff like to work at AMPCo. Staff are highly educated, committed, experienced and passionate. We have a diverse team of professionals whocome from local, national and international backgrounds. The AMPCo senior management brings with them significant expertise and knowledge to their role, and their goal is to steer AMPCo toward its strategic objectives.
AMPCo staff also have an opportunity to work, read and hear from prominent and leading medical and health practitioners in Australia.
What is it like to work at the AMPCo?
In the October 2015 staff climate survey staff were asked what they liked about working at AMPCo – below are some of the main strands.
- Staff feel a strong alignment with the company’s brand / reputation
- Good teamwork exists in the company
- Staff are treated with respect and courtesy
- Very high overall satisfaction rating for staff working at AMPCo
Performance and Development
All staff benefit from an annual appraisal to recognise achievements, monitor performance and increase the potential of our people. We are committed to providing excellent training and development and we are also proactive in developing our people for the future, ensuring we retain and grow our talent.
Here at AMPCo our staff enjoy a range of staff benefits including the following:
- Competitive salaries
- An annual review of salaries to ensure AMPCo’s remain competitive
- Income protection insurance provided to all AMPCo staff at no cost to the individual
- Reward and recognition of service – we celebrate our long serving staff with a certificate and small gift.
- A Performance Management Programme which feeds into specific Learning and Development Plans
- Great location in the Sydney CBD
- Company paid for events in work time including a monthly morning / afternoon tea, Melbourne Cup afternoon, Christmas Lunch
- Social events such as charity fun runs, quizzes and cinema visits – we have a very active social committee
- Free tea including herbal teas, milk, sugar and coffee (espresso of course) to keep everyone going!
As an organisation we are in an exciting phase of our evolution. The medical research and content that we publish, the development of innovative platforms and services, like the doctorportal combined our unique capacity to communicate with doctors through our comprehensive database uniquely positions us to provide; trusted and current content, educational services and point of care information to doctors. We are proud of our rich history and heritage whilst preparing to embrace our digital future.
We are committed to serving our mission, “Better Health through Communication”. We believe what we do matters to health professionals, researchers and future doctors. If you are like-minded, we would love to hear from you. Please express your interest, along with your CV, to Guy Feeney, Group Human Resources Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org